So, we woke up at 6am & took Kaylee to the Aflac Cancer Clinic this morning. Her labs from yesterday had not come in yet so they needed to do another finger prick to test her blood. Turns out her ANC count (white blood cells that fight off infection) is too low to be able to do the chemo wknd at the hospital. Her ANC count has to be at least 750. K’s ANC count was 600.
Instructions are to get her blood checked on Wednesday (“preferably at a different lab.” 😦) and if her counts are better, we should expect her lumbar puncture & methotrexate drip to be Nxt Friday.
Thank you for your prayers! We will keep you posted on how next week is going. 😊
2 thoughts on “Chemo delayed”
I am sure Kaylee was happy not to go through another procedure right now. Prayers continue
Continuing prayers for Kaylee & all the family there.