Hey there! I know we are totally behind on doing a routine update on how Kaylee has been doing, but this is more of an urgent matter.
The beginning of July, Kaylee fell and skinned both of her knees while playing outside. After her left knee started to heal, a small rash formed around her kneecap. Since then the rash has started to slowly spread. I made an appointment with her pediatrician who prescribed a steroid cream to use, which did not work. At her last clinic visit the oncologist saw k’s knee- didn’t know what it was & referred us to see a dermatologist at Emory. We figured her steroid week would knock the rash out, but it didn’t. The dermatologist at Emory didn’t have an opening until October so I made an appt for her to see my dermatologist. The dermatologist said “well it’s not contagious, since you and your husband don’t have it. I think it’s a virus. Maybe it’s parvovirus or Leukemia Cutis … But as you know, if it is a virus there’s nothing you can do but just wait it out (which could take quite awhile for an immune deficient child) but here is a new cream to try. If the rash is not gone in 3 weeks, I would like to have you come back so we can do a biopsy on her knee.”
That was on Friday August 14th. The new cream has done nothing & watching this rash spread & my daughter feeling itchy & lethargic has really worried Chris and me.
(Keep in mind, that since July, we have tried eczema creams, steroid creams, Cortizone and anything else doctors have suggested or prescribed for her.)
I finally called & left a msg for K’s oncologist last night and asked them to order a virus test and a CBC because my mommy gut tells me something is wrong & I cannot stand not knowing answers for K.
Thankfully, her doctor agreed and I took Kaylee today to get an arm stick for the 3 vials of blood they needed. Poor baby screamed through the blood test (which is so hard for any parent to see) but Chris and I calmed her down pretty quickly after it was all over.
Here’s the part where we NEED PRAYER. Right now her CBC is pending & the virus test should come back on Wednesday morning. Kaylee’s first day of preschool is supposed to be this Thursday. 😐
So we are praying for not only clear answers on what is causing this, (and hopefully an easy cure) but for God to completely heal her legs, hands, and bottom (where the rash has spread.)
(Without posting a picture, I cannot accurately describe what the rash looks like but think of an allergic reaction & that’s what we are seeing.)
We’ve seen the magnitude of what prayer can do for K, so we challenge you, ask you, beg you, to please pray for our 3 year old Leukemia warrior & quick, miraculous healing for her!!
I am so ready for her just to finally be healthy & my heart is so heavy with concern.
We will make sure to post results Wednesday when we have them.
Thank you in advance for praying for our little girl. She needs those!!